Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
1) Stalking Jack the Ripper – As soon as I heard about this novel and that it was about Jack the Ripper, I knew I had to get my hands on it. After participating in the BBTC chat this past Saturday that was featuring SJtR and seeing the few teasers that were posted, I need this novel even more. The MC just seems so BA and sassy, and that is exactly what I need in my life.
2) Crooked Kingdon – Come on, if you’ve read Six of Crows, you know why I need this novel. After the ending of SoC I just desperately need to know what happens next! Also, I just really need more Kaz in my life.
3) Empire of Storms – After the amazing that was Queen of Shadows, I cannot wait to read Empire of Storms. I have a huge love for this series and for Celaena and definitely a huge love for Rowan, so I can’t wait to jump back into that world. Celaena is such a BA and i love it.
4) Caraval – Some lucky people received advance copies of this novel and let me just say, it looks as gorgeous inside the book as it does on the outside. I have also heard that this book is AMAZING which makes me want it even more!
5) Smash & Grab – A girl who loves a rush, and a boy being blackmailed. Banks being robbed. What about this doesn’t scream amazing? I am very excited to start reading this one! (*whispers* it won’t be that long of a wait since I received an e-arc of it!)
6) Lumberjanes Volume 5 – Just to switch this up a bit for a second, I included a graphic novel I am dying for. I have loved volumes 1-4 so far and cannot wait to see where this crazy wonderful novel goes next! If you’re into graphics, I promise you’ll love this awesome graphic novel.
7) Saga Volume 6 – One more graphic novel for you. Saga is a very graphic, sexual GN but boy do I love it. The story line is super interesting and the graphics are amazingly well done. All that has me begging for the next volume.
8) Fear the Drowning Deep – This one sounds a little creepy, and a lot mysterious and sometimes a girl just wants something creepy and mysterious! Also add in some witches and how can I say no?
9) Metaltown -A story of friendship and rebellion. The best stories have rebellion in them! The cover is also super gorgeous on this one and I’ve heard such great things that I just can’t not put it on my list!
10) This Savage Song – A city overrun with monsters. A young woman and a young man must choose whether to become heroes or villains. The ability to steal a soul with a single strain of music. HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE THIS ON YOUR LIST?
And there you have my very first TTT about my most anticipated releases for the second half of this year! I hope you enjoyed my list and maybe found a couple to add to your TBR and I cannot wait to see your list! Leave a comment below with a link to your list and I’ll check it out!