So you’re thinking about starting a book blog eh? But not sure if it is for you? Well, I am here to help you out my friend! I was driving with my puppy to the dog park one day and I was just thinking about blogging and how unsure I was about starting my blog over a year ago. I thought it would be a great idea to help out other people who are contemplating starting a blog with listing out some helping pros and cons to blogging, so lets get started!
- It’s so much fun.
- Like honestly, blogging has been the most fun I’ve had in a long time and even though its basically a second job I don’t get paid for, I love it.
- You can meet so many great people.
- I have made some really great friends through blogging. Though, you don’t need to blog to be a part of the book blogging community, just join in on chats and fun on twitter!
- You get so many great book recommendations from all those great people you start talking to.
- Like honestly, I have read so many books that I might have never known of without my great friends I’ve met through blogging.
- Finding new bookstagram accounts to follow so you can flail about all the wonderful pictures.
- It’s so much fun you never want to do anything else but read and blog.
- You meet so many great people who live so far away that you can’t just hang out with them.
- You get way too many book recommendations from those great people and your TBR becomes a mile longer.
- You will never have money again because of all those recommendations.
- You suddenly realize that you have NO time! Where has all your time gone since you started blogging?
- When you love a book so much, it is probably not the greatest review if all it says is “asldjgakdsjfljsadf” but then you must try to find the words for that review.
But honestly, I believe book blogging will be the most fun you will have. If you love books, why not spread that love with others who also love books? Even if you don’t have a blog, write reviews for Amazon, or Barnes and Noble, Chapters, whatever. Help spread the word about books and authors that you love, so they can continue writing books that you love.
So I hope this little post has either helped convince you to start a blog or maybe pick up a new book or leave a review. We can’t wait to see you in the book world!