When I saw that Jamie was posting an End of Year Survey, I decided that I wanted to fill it out and see how I really did overall this year. I think it will be quite eye opening to see all of my achievements for this year in one place. But I’m going to stop babbling now and lets get to it!
2016 Reading Stats
Number of Books You Read: 100!! I think that’s the most I’ve ever read in one year!
Number of Re-Reads: 10 if I count one that isn’t in my goodreads challenge, because I read it twice this year lol.
Genre You Read The Most From: This year I read the most contemporary! I started to get into that after reading Summer of Sloane and just couldn’t stop! I love me some romance too this year 😉
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I’m going to have to do this by genre because there is no way I could pick just one!
Romance – Rule Breaker or Undone
Fantasy – Betrayals or Crooked Kingdom or Empire of Storms
Contemporary – Under Rose-Tainted Skies or The Girl Who Fell or Summer of Sloane
Graphic Novel – Giant Days or Lumberjanes
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Caraval or Crystal Crowned
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Summer of Sloane, Under Rose-Tainted Skies, The Girl Who Fell. I honestly didn’t think these books would move me as much as they did but they really blew me out of the water. They were all just so fantastic.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I have been pushing Summer of Sloane on people so much I’m sure people are tired of hearing from me LOL. I feel I’m about to get as annoying with Under Rose-Tainted Skies, so beware everyone.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best Series started – Love Me Never
Best Sequel – Betrayals
Best Ender – Crooked Kingdom
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Erin L Schneider, Louise Gornall, Sara Wolf
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
This whole year started as reading a book out of my comfort zone and it turned contemporary into my comfort zone. I now have a hard time reading fantasy novels as I’ve been loving contemporary so much.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Betrayals. This series kills me. I re-read the Cainsville series each time before a new one comes out and each time I love it as much as the last time. Betrayals was everything I hoped for and more.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Summer of Sloane, Under Rose-Tainted Skies, The Cainsville Series.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
I 100% picked up Rule Breaker because of the cover, because lets be real, HOT DAMN. But I do really love the Summer of Sloane and Under Rose-Tainted Skies covers as well.
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
I have to say either Norah or Sloane. Both books (Under Rose-Tainted Skies, Summer of Sloane) really stood out to me and I loved them both so much.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Under Rose-Tainted Skies was written so beautifully that it had me from the first page right until the last.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
I’m starting to sound like a broken record but Under Rose-Tainted Skies, Summer of Sloane and The Girl Who Fell.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
There honestly wasn’t really anything that I had had on my TBR for too long that I read this year. That also means I didn’t read much off of my TBR this year. I really need to change that next year.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
It’s not really a quote or anything but a character we get a glimpse of in Under Rose-Tainted Skies and he is described exactly how I feel. I don’t want to say too much because of spoilers, but it involves travel.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Longest book is easy. Empire of Storms and next would be Crooked Kingdom. Shortest book would have to be Tiger’s Promise as it’s just a novella haha.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Water’s Wrath. This book had a death in it that almost had me sobbing in bed and I do not cry during books. So that was a new experience for me.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Liv and Gabriel from the Cainsville series!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
This is so sad but I can’t think of any non-romantic relationships. I read a LOT of romance this year lol.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Everything that was released by Kelley Armstrong this year haha. So Undone and Betrayals.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Orphan Queen and Thanks a lot, John LeClair.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Mason from Rule Breaker, Finn from Summer of Sloane, Luke from Under Rose-Tainted Skies.
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Summer of Sloane, Under Rose-Tainted Skies, Thanks a lot, John LeClair
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Under Rose-Tainted Skies was written so well that I actually felt like I was with Norah and suffering alongside her.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Lumberjanes and Giant Days were such fun graphic novels to read and I absolutely loved them.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Water’s Wrath is the closest I’ve ever been to crying while reading a book, that I can remember anyways.That book really got to me.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Summer of Sloane. I absolutely loved this novel and I will not stop pushing it on people.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Water’s Wrath. It really did demolish me but in a good way.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
Under Rose-Tainted Skies would have to take this category. It was so unique and so amazingly well written that I just can’t get over it.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
In Ruins. This novel had such an abusive character and it just frustrated me so badly and I wanted to knock some sense into him so bad.
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
Books for Thought and NovelKnight are just a couple that I like to keep track of.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
I love my review of Under Rose-Tainted Skies which I did technically wrote in 2016 but it won’t be posted until a little closer to the release date haha.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I had a lot of fun writing my Pros and Cons of Book Blogging post. It was a lot of fun to show people how much fun blogging can be.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I had so much fun at the Kelley Armstrong signing at my local chapters. I also had such a great time meeting some great people at the Penguin Tour in Brampton.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Meeting so many wonderful new friends. I gained a best friend in Chelsea, and became such good friends with Sophie and Rachel. My biggest achievement of this year is reading almost 100 books and winning NaNoWriMo!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Not requesting every novel that comes available on Netgalley. I have very little self control when it comes to requesting review novels. LOL.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Since I moved my blog back around July/August, my stats aren’t all there anymore, so I’m not entirely sure which was the most popular unfortunately.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Is it cheating to say all of them? xD
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Book Depository and Book Outlet. I love the deals on Book Outlet! I got two Kelley Armstrong books I didn’t own before from there and it cost me $19! That’s basically the price of one at Chapters!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
As of today (December 25th), I am only two books away from finishing my Goodreads goal of 100 books! I will finish my goal this year and I’m fairly sure this is the most books I’ve ever read in a year.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
A Court of Mist and Fury. I’ve been hearing such amazing things about it so I really have to get to it in the new year.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
A Darkness Absolute by Kelley Armstrong. I am dying for this novel, and really any other Kelley Armstrong novel that is coming out.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
When Dimple Met Rishi! I am so excited for this novel and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Rituals. I have been in love with this series ever since I first got my hands on Omens and I am quite sad but quite excited for the series finale!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I’d honestly like to get more followers, but I’d love to have a more active blog life. I want to have more posts, more often.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
If you haven’t already seen from the rest of the questions, Under Rose-Tainted Skies. This novel was incredible and blew my mind.