On Sunday you may or may not have seen a post about my top five favourite cities/countries. That post had only places that I have been to up to this point and while writing that post came the idea to write another about five places I want to visit. This one may be a bit tougher as there are way too many places I want to visit. Let’s see if I can narrow that list down to five, shall we?
- Iceland. This one thankfully will be checked off my bucket list come May 31! On May 27th I will be marrying my best friend and on the 31st we will be arriving in Reykjavik, Iceland. I am incredibly excited to embark on this trip as I have been dying to visit the beautiful country. You can read more about why we chose it as our honeymoon here.
- Japan. Japan has been on our bucket list for many many years and we will be scratching this one off next year! We are finally going to get on with it and are planning to visit Japan around the end of March, beginning of April in the hopes that we will be there in time to see the cherry blossoms bloom.
- New Zealand. NZ has my heart even though I’ve never actually been there. I feel a strong pull to this country and cannot wait until I can one day visit. New Zealand has everything I want to be around; oceans, mountains, adventure. I plan to do all kinds of crazy adventure like things while there such as skydiving and bungee jumping.
- Peru. I am dying to get to Machu Picchu and this one has also been on my bucket list for a really long time. I tried to talk the fiancé into going to Peru for our honeymoon and hiking Machu Picchu but he didn’t go for it sadly. But we will get there one day! Hopefully sooner rather than later.
- Thailand. I have been looking at tours around Thailand for ages and especially after seeing all the photos from my cousins time in Thailand, I just cannot wait to finally get over there myself. It looks like one beautiful country.
- Spain. There is a paid internship to teach English in Spain for 8 months that I have been looking at and that I would give anything to do. I have been literally begging my fiancé to let me go do it because teaching English abroad is something I’ve wanted to do for ages but have never worked up the courage to do. Now with this internship, I can’t think about anything else.
So there you have it, my list of my top places I want to travel. Okay, okay, I cheated a little and included six but I just couldn’t choose between all the places I want to go! You’re lucky I only picked six because I also wanted to include Switzerland and Norway and Amsterdam and Greece… Okay, I’ll stop spouting names as I’m sure you get the idea. Would any of these places make your list? Have you been to any of these wonderful countries? Let me know in the comments below.